How To Get More Gigs
Posted: April 26th, 2014 by Ashley Saunders
Here are 10 simple ways to get more gigs as a guitarist and musician. You might be doing some of these but if you apply all 10, you’ll see the amount of work you get increase.
- Treat every show like its an Audition for the next show
- Dress appropriately for the booking
- Be on time to Gigs and Rehearsals
- Know your music before you get to Band Rehearsal
- Learn to read the crowd adapt your set list/arrangements to keep them dancing and engaged
- ANSWER and RETURN Calls and E-mails from Clients
- Be Dependable and a Man of your Word
- Solve problems (don’t create them!)
- Be easy and fun to work with
- Encourage and talk to the other performers (create a Great first impression)
Do all these things and watch how Fast your Value and Opportunities increase.